
I completed some house cleaning projects this past week and one major fun but challenging project. I recovered our outdoor swing cushions. The sun had faded and shredded the front of the cushions so they desperately needed some TLC or PILE 13. The challenge was that the original cushions are sewn directly to the frame. I devised a plan to make a "pillow case" like cover for the back and foot rest but keep it all one piece. Then use eyelets and criss crossed strings underneath to keep the middle tight. I also used a upholstery technique where you put the fabric on upside down, pin the edges together as close to the cushion as you can, then slip it off, and sew just to the inside of the pins. This worked like a charm and is really tight. I was skeptical for most of the process but it turned out OK.
1 comment:
Hey! Cool - I wanna see pictures!
Post a Comment