Tuesday, July 1, 2008

June 27 & 28, 2008


Dean and Sara made a trip to see us again. We spent most of
the day at Fort Lincoln State Park taking in the Custer
House Calvary Post, Infantry Post with the Block Houses
and the Mandan earth lodges. My favorite part was the
Custer House. I love antiques and all thehistory
they hold. Andrew says his favorite part was the
block houses. He didn't even flinch out on the roof tops. He
ran to the second blockhouse and was up the stairs and
outside before I got there. We even enjoyed a picnic lunch.
Despite the wind, we had a good time.
The rest of the afternoon Sara and I went shopping.
Sara wanted some nicer maternity shirts as she is expecting
in October. Yeah!!! In the evening, we ate a big supper
(pork loin and salads prepared ahead of time) and watched
Looney Toons, and a late night (but not as late as Friday night)
visiting.

On Sunday after they had left, I asked Andrew if he had a
good time. He didn't say anything and had a glum look.
I asked again. He said, "Yeah, I had lots and lots of fun but why
did they have to go home." I think Andrew speaks for all
of us. It is nice to have good friends visit, but it is sad to
see them go home.

-PS I stole the slide show from Sara again.
It looked so good I just had to use it.

1 comment:

Sara Mae said...

Hey Hostess with the Mostess! Thanks for everything!!! We had a blast!