Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Celebration!


Spring Time, Rejoicing in our Risen Savior, Wonderful Meal, and an Easter Egg Hunt . All these things describe our Easter.

Spring Time- Depends on when you looked out the window this Easter. Good Friday brought wet snow (see pics). Saturday snowed off and on with big fluffy flakes. Easter Sunday was sunny and had a hint of spring time. We all enjoyed the sunshine beaming through the windows. Easter Monday brought 60 degrees but 40-50 mile an hour winds.

Rejoicing in our Risen Savior- We attended church, and Scot and Logan met us there. It was a wonderful service. (The Psalm Sunday service was great too with a Choir Cantata.)
During the children's sermon, Pastor asked the kids if they were up early to find their Easter baskets. Immediately Andrew exclaims that "no the Easter Bunny has not come to my house yet." Being concerned Pastor asked if the Easter Bunny was coming after church. Andrew replied "I just don't know." Later in the sermon Pastor asked where Jesus was on Easter. Andrew replied "on the cross". Pastor went onto explain the tomb being empty.

Grace had a new Easter dress and shoes. I don't believe she liked the shoes- right before we left she took off her new white sandals, put them in the closet and got her brown dress shoes to put on. So that is what she wore to church.

Wonderful Meal- Delicious, if I don't say so myself. Scot made a seasoned pork loin while I made cheesy potatoes, green bean casserole, and a seven layer lettuce salad (Aunt Diane's specialty). Phyllis contributed (even though she worked until 2:30) orange rolls, buns and kuchen-yummy. The most special part of the meal was setting a beautiful table with a combination of Mom's Blue Willow China and some new pieces I just purchased.

Easter Egg Hunt- After a movie in the afternoon for those that didn't doze off, we hid eggs in the backyard. Grandma and Papa had a blast helping the kids find those hard to find eggs. Andrew was not even too greedy and didn't find them all first. The kids had a blast. Logan ran as fast has he could to find some eggs. Grace snatched up her jellybeans before she got inside the house.

Hope everyone had an enjoyable Easter.

4 comments:

Sara Mae said...

Love it all! The pics and the stories! Cute what Andrew said during the kids sermon! Wow Grace is really growing up! Her hair so long and getting so tall! Glad you had a wonderful Easter Sunday and weekend!

Garden Girl said...

I love Grace's dress - very cute! And the picture of you two is wonderful. I'm so glad to hear that you guys had a good day celebrating Easter!

Wanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wanda said...

I love Grace's dress too. $7 at Wally World last summer. I LOVE LOVE the picture of Grace and I. Seems like there aren't a lot of her and I. Umm Wonder Why?