Well, I turn 32 today. Don't feel a day older than, well maybe, 30 or at times maybe 50.
It is a long tradition at my school that the elementary students sing Happy Birthday to students and teachers at lunch. In the eight years I have taught here, I have never been sung to. Well, I was adorned with a song and a huge applause today because of a certain kindergarten student let the word out. I am curious who reminded him because he didn't remember this morning. He was very proud to stand up and make the announcement with his class. This is how they announce birthdays, "May we have your attention, please. Today is ___ birthday, and we would like to sing Happy Birthday to them. NICELY!!" The kindergarteners said "Today is Andrew's Mom's, Mrs. M---'s Birthday.
A birthday is a curious thing. You really don't want to make a big fuss over you, but then you are disappointed if someone doesn't remember your birthday. Go figure.
2 comments:
Happy Belated! Glad you got a big "Happy Birthday" - and best of all from a bunch of fun kids. They always are good at lifting spirits.
Didn't know your birthday was March 4. Mine is March 5. Happy birthday to us. You are safe in the knowledge that no matter how old you get, you will never be older than me!
Love,
Pat (Mabel Ward's oldest)
Post a Comment