The schedule was as follows:
- 5:30 Grill and Chill -hot dogs, potato salad, beans, chips, cookies, and malts.
- 6:00 Game Time with random drawings for balloon bouquets, gold fish and grab bags.
- 7:15 BINGO for four smaller games
- 7:25 Donut walk for Donut holes, Donuts, and a Donut Cake (Andrew's friend from daycare won the cake)
- 7:30 2 Door prizes of larger board games.
The amazing thing is that we, the teachers, pulled the whole evening together in a week. We knew we were going to have this night in April sometime but hadn't narrowed down the date. So when we finally looked at the calendar, April 11, a week away, was the only Friday left. We all pitched in and it came together nicely. A Great Accomplishment!!
Looking at Grace's picture. You can guess what she did all evening- EAT. She meandered around watching people and snitching food and would want my attention when it was time to draw for prizes- my job for the evening.
My number was actually drawn for the goldfish so I placed my number on its bowl. Andrew was really excited when I told him we had won a fish, but then was in a state of panic when his number did not match any of the numbers on the fish bowls. I had a hard time explaining to him that my number was on a fish. So to make things right, I gave up the first pretty orange fish, and he picked this grayish green one.
A Great Night of Fun, Food, and Families.
1 comment:
Looks like fun! Now you have another pet! Hopefully Snuggles doesn't mind a fish!:) Some really nice days for grilling and outdoor activities! I even got the energy to clean up some flower beds etc. Crocuses blooming in the flower beds now - still on the look out for the wild ones in the pasture!
Post a Comment