Saturday, February 16, 2008

Sorry it's been so long

Well a month has went by since my last post. I could say it is because we have been really busy( which we have been), but the main reason is that our home computer has been at the computer doctor with a nasty virus. The computer is back home again and everything is A-OK.


In the last month.......

Andrew wanted to "go see those dinosaur bones that we showed Luke and Abby" (Christmas 2006). Then "if there was time we could go to that other museum with the moving dinosaur and big crane and puff of smoke thing." He kept explaining the attractions at this museum, and then I finally figured out that this museum is one in Iowa that Aunty Tanna took us to. I convinced that we couldn't drive there on a Saturday and we went to the local museum. The first exhibits were exciting to him- dinosaur bones- than he was ready to go home.



Grace had her pictures taken. She was really bashful, but the photographers got some really good pictures.




















That made me think of my picture at this age so when we got home I took this picture of Grace in my crocheted dress by Grandma Carrie. She wasn't bashful for my camera but more like silly goofy. Yep, that is me on the right. Grace is much cuter than I was. More innocence in eyes than myself. She is blonder than me for sure, but my hair was thicker with a tinge of red already.

Lots and Lots of coloring, drawing, cutting, taping and pasting. Andrew is finally interested in doing these things, and so he have had a lot of fun this month. Grace loves to doodle and draw too, but is particular about what she colors with. She doesn't care for colors or pencils, just pens and markers. Needless to say I don't let my guard done when she is coloring. Take a look at all the master pieces.



We hope everyone had a good Valentine's Day. We did. Michael took me out to dinner at Red Lobster and to the movie Fools Gold while Scot watched the kids. Very enjoyable evening.

Andrew had a very exciting Valentine's Day too. The Kindergarteners at school invite the next years Kindergarten class to their Valentine's Day Party. Stay tuned for pictures from this exciting afternoon.

2 comments:

Garden Girl said...

I'm so glad that you could catch us up! Andrew just keeps getting more and more of a little man look to him. I'm glad he remembers the Science Station! Even though it wasn't that great, at least he wanted to go back. ;)

Sara Mae said...

Hey there! love your new additions. Nice you got a date for Valentines too. That pic of you really makes me realize Andrew looks like you! Grace too but Andrew even more so. Glad you guys are doing well Hope to see you soon!