Sunday, December 30, 2007

Lefse was a SUCCESS-Kind of!

Lefse or Norwegien napkins as Grandpa Mort. called them.
Well, it takes a certain kind of Norwegian talent to make lefse by yourself. I have helped Grandma once, and Mom and Tony a few times, but I have always just done the frying. SO trying to roll lefse was an interesting task. After the smoke alarm going off, a burn on my forearm, flour on the floor and socks, tons of flour on my stomach, and many many pieces rolled two or three times, I had 12 of the most misshaped ugliest lefse this side of Norway. BUT they tasted great, and I am just one more batch closer to making the perfect lefse.

2 comments:

Sara Mae said...

Good story! Lefse looks good! I don't get it to often around here! You know German territory! I guess I'll have to come help you make it sometime so I get to taste test! See you soon!

Garden Girl said...

Woo hoo, Wanda! Good job! I'll just buy mine from the store (Super Target carries it!).

Wanted to let you know that we had Knophela soup here for Christmas too! Although, I aways say you need a summer sausage sandwich to go with it. ;)