Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Good Bye to a Dear Friend!

Helen Horn went to be with her Lord and Savior on June 17. Helen was more than just a friend to me. She had adopted me as another grandchild about 15 years ago. She was a wonderful person always caring, witty, and honest with you. I enjoyed my visits with her. You know those kinds of visits where you say good bye next to the table and then talk some more by the door and then another hug at the car and talk some more. Visiting with Helen made my heart filled with joy and I will miss the visiting greatly. Andrew also loved the visits and her cookies and milk on the big stool and playing on those fun stairs. Grace only met Helen once but she enjoyed sitting with "Grandma Horn."
As Missy (her granddaughter) said, she was there when you need a shoulder to cry on and a hug, or someone to laugh with, or to get strong advice from.

I did odd jobs around the house for her and Eugene and I enjoyed every minute of it. I painted their bathrooms one summer, and I forgot a stip next to the shower. So the next time I visited, she said she had something to show me. She took me in the bathroom and pointed to the wall. I didn't see the unpainted portion. She started laughing and pointed to the wall. I felt terrible and said I would fix it, and she said ahh leave it be. I don't know if they ever did paint that portion. Eugene and Helen also restored an old dresser for me, which was a lot of work and is greatly appreciated.


Peace be with you Helen and We Love You!!

No comments: