Monday, April 19, 2010

The Magic Tree House

No we did not build a tree house for Andrew in the backyard, even though he would like one. The Magic Tree House I refer to is a series of books by Mary Pope Osborne. We have been listening to them on our way to and from school. As Andrew describes them "they are a set of books that take you to different times and really cool places around the world." Andrew and I just finished reading one ourselves (he reads a page, I read a page) called Night of the Ninjas. I am very proud of him. He puts tons of expression and even changes voices a little. He is learning so much history and geography from them and even asking tons of questions. The world of books and reading has really opened up for him and isn't afraid to tackle any word. Grace gets into these books too. She gets quite a charge out of one character's catch phrase- "Are you nuts?" She just giggles and giggles. It was cute tonight when Grace was "reading" Mummies in the Morning trying to repeat every word read. I recommend these books to anyone -young and old. They are about a middle 2nd grade book, and then get harder as you progress through the series. Here is the website from Random House: http://www.randomhouse.com/kids/magictreehouse/books.html

No comments: