
Some of you may know that I was able to attend the National Title I Conference in Washington DC this past January.The Title I Math Teacher was also able to go. We left Bismarck at 5:00 on Wed, Jan. 20 and were to Washington DC by 11:00. The hotel where the conference is held is ginormous and elegant.

For the afternoon we took a shuttle bus to the down town area to the Smithsonian's. Wow, can those bus drivers drive!!

We visited about a 1/3 of the Natural History Museum. We walked through the mammal, ocean, dinosaur, gems and minerals exhibits. The best part was the Hope Diamond.

Thursday was class all day, but on Thursday night we took a night tour of the monuments and stopped in front of the White House and Capitol. Inspiring and Beautiful!!! Our tour guide was great and our bus driver was really careful.

On Friday we saw the Declaration of Independence, the Bill of Rights, and the Constitution at the National Archives. WOW WOW WOW!!! It was neat because everyone one had such a quiteness about them. They were all propably just like me- in such awe and wonder.

Saturday we visited the Holocaust Museum and the American History Smithsonian. Visiting The Holocaust Museum was an almost indescribable experience that was thought provoking. Again everyone around you were silent and just in awe. The American History Museum was very crowded, but we did see the Star Spangled Banner, Lincoln's hat and suit and Mary Lincoln's inaugural gown. I have always admired Mary Lincoln's dress and now I know that it is in my favorite color too. How cool is that!
The weather was nice - temps in the forties and but it did rain on our night tour, but that was OK. The monuments were beautiful.
It was an inspiring conference, a great trip, and a relaxing get away.
No comments:
Post a Comment