Saturday, August 29, 2009

FRANKENSTEIN!!!

Do I have you curious?

Well, this is Andrew's new nickname for me. I had a spot taken off my nose on Thursday morning and have three stitches. The spot was not a dark mole like spot, but just a red spot that I have had since May that would not heal and kept bleeding when I'd wash my face. A biopsy is being done, but the doctor did not think it was anything serious. I hope so too, but better safe than sorry. I get the stitches out Monday and know the results then too.

Despite Andrew's nickname for me, we really do have wonderful children. Andrew caught a ride to school with another teacher Thursday morning, and there were tears and hugs. During these hugs, Andrew says, "I want to go with you so I know you are OK." Made me feel bad, but what can you do. So when I got to school, I went to his room to say hi. He was happy to see me and blurted out, "you look like Frankenstein!" so that all could hear.

Now Grace went with to the procedure. She did awesome watching mommy from across the room. When the doctors and nurses would leave for a second, she would get up and rub my hand and ask if I was OK. Let me tell you! It is quite hard to be extra brave because your three year old is watching. Novocain is quite painful in the nose and brought instant tears to my eyes. But other than that not too bad. Then yesterday morning, she touches my nose and says, "I don't like you having that. You look terrible."

My nose is a little tender still today. Can't wait until Monday to get the stitches out and hear the results.

2 comments:

Sara Mae said...

Get better quick! I would say that having your kid watching would be hard cause I would want to scream!

Garden Girl said...

Hope it is all okay! Please post a follow-up so we know how it goes tomorrow...