
I have been thinking that my amaryllis (that I started from mom's bulbs in 2001) was making our dining room look a little bit like a jungle. SO.... Yesterday I took it outside and tried to split up the bulbs into different pots. There were 10 bulbs. Two about the size of softballs, 4 the size of baseballs, 4 were roughly the size of golf balls and a couple handfuls of "baby bulbs". I tried really hard to make these two foot long leaves look good in a pot of just two or three bulbs but no success. I ended up chopping off all the leaves and putting the bare bulbs into three different pots. I hope this works.

The dining room sure looks bare now that the corner is empty. I did put Grandma Carrie's Christmas Cactus on this stand. I have been trying to revive it from extinction since January, and it looks pretty good now.
Here is a picture of the amaryllis blooming in July of 2007. See how much it grew. It was still in the same pot and on the same stand as the picture above.
1 comment:
Wanda... today i followed the link from Sara's blog to yours--what fun. Your kids are soooo adorable! I have never thought of putting a bunch of amarylis bulbs in one pot- It looks absolutely georgeous although I'm sure it takes up a lot of space(that can be a problem in the house) I have put mine outside in summer..they don't look so great when the greenery is all dying back, but when they bloom --wow! Sara's MamaRuth
Post a Comment