Monday, January 12, 2009

New Beds


Andrew got an upgrade from a toddler bed to twin bed. (rummage sale find) He likes it for the most part, but still prefers to just cover up with his "3 comfy blankies" instead of under a sheet and blankets. It is just too bad he has to be under the North West windows. He is actually sleeping with his head at the other end and doesn't mind it. I think as an adult it would feel weird. Oh PS Cousin Heather, The clown pillow case is coming apart, and Andrew thinks "a hero one would be best now."




Grace was upgraded from crib to Andrew's old toddler bed. She is doing very well with it. No falling out and not venturing out once she is tucked in and has been staying in bed until you come get her.


Other tidbits from our house:

We are really sick of all the snow and cold. We had record snow falls in December (39 inches) and it just keep adding to it. Michael is very glad he has a snow blower and says it has well paid for itself this year. Scot on the other hand is not particularly sick of the snow. Since he is laid off for the winter, he has been earning some money snow plowing.

Grace is getting to be a "big girl" with adventures in potty training. She is doing well. She stays dry most of the time and will use the potty when asked. She has not gotten down the "oh I've got to go potty" part yet. That will come pretty soon, but for now I am pretty proud of her.

We are a house of DORA the Explorer. Grace received many Dora things for Christmas, and we have to watch Dora DVD's over and over. Ironically one episode is called, "Dora Saves the Snow Princess." It is set in the Magic Snowy Forest and has many songs rejoicing in the snow and ice. Not what we want to hear this winter.

Andrew is enjoying school more and more. Just today (another snow day with no school) he said his months and days of the week for me. He worked on a hundred number chart and didn't have to cheat too much off the master, but those darn 5's they keep making themselves backwards. On Friday, he tells me, "a truck is not living." Uhh What? You may ask. Knowing the kindergarten curriculm, I know that science has them talk about living and nonliving things. I am very proud of Andrew so far. I thought he would be struggling more than he is in kindergarten.

Michael has been busier at work now that the new year has started- tax preparation customers mostly. He hasn't been watching as many NBA Lakers games this year as our cable company won't offer NBA TV. Sore subject; but anyway, the Lakers have only lost 5 games so that makes him pretty happy.

School for me is at the semester- half way through the year. Amazing how time flies when you are having fun which by the way I am having fun this year. Many of my students have made great gains and the teachers I work with are just great.


I hope everyone is keeping warm and out of the snow banks.

2 comments:

Garden Girl said...

Congrats on the "upgrades"!

Sara Mae said...

Love all the updates - I've been without a computer for a 9 days! I guess I really realize how much time I spend on the thing! The emails really piled up! All is well here will try to do some fun posts soon - of course about Zach!:)