Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It was bound to happen!

Well IT happened! Most children do IT to themselves, a sibling, or maybe even a friend. I was actually thinking that my children would never do THAT. But last night IT happened.


I was downstairs on the computer typing a letter for school. Michael was downstairs watching election results. Which I may add, we never do. I am usually upstairs with them. The kids had been coloring and up and down the stairs quite a few times. Michael even checked on them when they were too quite. But around 7:45ish Andrew comes down stairs and lays a nail scissors down beside me and says, "I gave Grace a new fashion."
I looked at the scissors and looked at Andrew kindof dumbfounded. Then Grace stands beside Andrew and says,"Aint I pretty!" while fluffing the side of her hair.
Yup!! You guessed it. Andrew cut Grace's hair.
WELL instant scoldings and a few swats on the backside for both of them and off to bed. Grace had convinced Andrew to give her a haircut. He trimmed an inch section of bangs to about a half an inch in length and both sides about two inches shorter-just at the ears. She had a majority of the top in a ponytail so that section didn't get cut. Thank goodness or it could have been a lot worse. Andrew I had a long talk, and he felt just terrible because he thought he did "a good job like Uncle Jeremy."

As I thought about the evening more, I remembered that Grace had put a dusting dish towel over my shoulders and said, "Uncle Jeremy give you haircut?" I said no and kept typing. Hindsight is twenty twenty right. Maybe Uncle Jeremy the Barber is to blame. No not really.

So anyway. No more ponytails for Grace and scheduled haircut in the future. Hopefully it can be cut into the cute bob she had when she just turned 2. Funny thing is though. I was going to schedule her for a haircut in the next few weeks anyway.


The resulting haircut! PS Andrew admitted to cutting his own hair too. Just a little snip above the eyebrow. Hardly noticeable. He also said that he cleaned up all the hair because he didn't want to get in trouble for making a mess.

3 comments:

Sara Mae said...

Where's the photos of the event? :) Good story - guess it is only hair and it will grow back. We'll watch out if Zach gets a little sister some day as at least with a boy there is always a buzz cut!

Garden Girl said...

Funny! Still hasn't happen here yet (said with baited breath....)

Sara Mae said...

I have to say.. it doesn't look to bad! maybe that's the new style and we just aren't with it anymore, being Mom's and all! :)