In between the birthday parties, (see posts below), the kids and I made our annual trek to the cemeteries to put out memorial wreaths . Even as a child, I enjoyed going with Mom, Dad, and Grandma Carrie or Grandma Mort to the cemeteries. The trip always had stories and learning about loved ones. I hope to pass this, sometimes lost, tradition on to our children. While there, Grace used the larger stones as benches. She would hop from stone to stone, and say "sit down" or "time to rest." Andrew thought it was neat that Gr. Grandpa Herb was in the army, and that Gr. Grandpa Fred likes eagles like he does. (Fred has an eagle on the corner of the stone.)
Enjoy the next posts to learn more about our Month of May.
1 comment:
So glad to see you back on. I knew life was super busy for you and hope that you can enjoy a break from the school work (which I know will be replaced by housework for the most part!) I'm so glad you take the kids to the cemetery, you're right it is lost on most of today's younger generation. I couldn't even find info on where and when the Color Guard would be here in town....
Post a Comment