If there is anything a reading teacher loves more is to be surrounded by children's books, but the last two weekends I have picked up more books than toys.Grace has found an interest in looking at their covers and then stacking them "neatly" on the floor next to the shelf. And well Andrew will go into his closet next to his Disney books and sit and look at ten to fifteen books at a time.
Grace will also carry books out to the livingroom. If you are sitting on the floor, she will walk up to you, turn around, and them plop down in your lap, and point to the pages until you read to her. This will go on for four-five books.
Andrew and I have had to limit our bed time story to just one book since he is enjoying longer books. Just this past week, we were reading a Halloween book from the library. The story was on the left page and the pictures were on the right, but the pictures had 5 or 6 jokes written on them. I thought I could get by with just reading the left page, but Andrew got mad after he noticed I wasn't reading the jokes too. He said "read those words too Mommy. We might miss part of the story." I have also been informed that I am "not reading the story right." You see he reads stories to himself and so when I read it to him for the first time, the author's story just isn't as interesting as his story.

Oh, the beginnings of reading skills. So I will gladly pick up the books, and read the stories over and over without shortening it, all in the sake of READING.
No comments:
Post a Comment