Sunday, September 2, 2007

Bees, Butterflies and A Humming bird

I sat for about a half an hour watching the bees and taking pictures of butterflies and a humming bird at the farm today. It was amazing. I knew when it was near because of the humming. Such a loud sound from such a little bird. I was within a couple feet of it and it would jut blend in with the greenery. Its body was such a shiny green and of coarse its wings were a blur so many times I lost it looking through the view finder. I only wish I had a digital 35 mm with instant shutter speed. Maybe I will borrow the schools and try again. Enjoy the pictures.

2 comments:

Garden Girl said...

You still got some amazing shots!

Sara Mae said...

We have been getting the humming birds again too! They are so fun to watch!!! I took a few pics too but not as good as yours with all the nice flowers in the background.
I know what you mean about the noise they make with their wings you'd think they had a engine in there!