Saturday, June 5, 2010

Getting Ready For Summer!!


We planted the garden on Memorial Day. Grace planted some beans. Right after I took this picture she filled in the gaps with more bean seeds so there is a section with a whole bunch of beans.
Andrew planted some sunflowers again this year. He says he will protect them from the bunnies. We will see how that goes.
Grace sure loves planting and flowers. I am not sure if it is a true love of gardening or if it is just being with Mommy that she likes. I have always loved working in the garden too. Maybe then again, it was the time with Grandma Carrie that I loved and the gardening was just a part of being around her.

Andrew is signed up to play soccer with Parks and Rec. He has been practicing a lot. He now has a real soccer ball, shin guards, and cleats so he is ready for his first practice on Monday night.

On Wednesday, we took in the library's summer reading kickoff, and Andrew was on the local news. How cool is that!!! If interested I can email you the site to see the clip. So far he has read 78 books this summer. He read 51 books in 6 days to earn a Bionacle from his teacher. Awesome!! Now he is working for a DQ blizzard at a total of 110 books. Who says bribery doesn't work. He He!

No major summer plans (except Story Book Land again), but I am sure that we will keep busy working in the yard, being outside, going to parks, and hopefully swimming.

1 comment:

Sara Mae said...

Love all the stories about names, Grace's birthday(what a big girl!), garden and soccer! Glad to see you are having a great summer break so far. Hope to see you soon!