Saturday, June 13, 2009

Summer Discoveries

What enjoyable start to this summer!! Here are some of the things we have discovered:
  • Grace has a shoe fetish. She has many shoes that fit her right now and has a different pair on every time I turn around. She found the box of "future" shoes and had a blast trying them on and picking out the most dressy pairs. It is so cute how she says flip-flops.
  • Grace loves to pick out her summer shorts outfits. I have even caught her organizing her closet and saying things like "I will wear these to church, I want to wear this tomorrow. I look pretty in this."
  • One day I heard squeals and giggles from the kid's room. Grace had discovered her shorts in the drawer and was laying them out on the floor so she could see them all.
  • Andrew has renewed passion for airplanes- creating, experimenting with designs, and flying them (in and out of the tree). Michael bought him a "how to make paper airplanes" book this afternoon. We spent the rest of the evening flying them in the back yard. At bedtime, Andrew was grinning from ear to ear and said, "this was the best airplane day I ever had."
  • During the school year it is amazing how one just sets things anywhere in hopes to get to it later. Well "the later" was this week, and boy did I discover things that I forgot I had.
  • The storage room has walkable areas and does have lots of space in it when everything is organized.
  • Ice cream is so good after a hot day.
  • The bunnies are worse than ever this year. I hope we can keep them from the garden. Michael searched online for solutions -suggestions were- urine, used kitty liter, or human hair. Now!! Which is the least disgusting to try?
  • I discovered that I still have the knack for painting ceramic details. I am working on a village scene. Andrew painted a wooden airplane and helicopter while I was painting. He is not too bad at it. He just might be a good ceramics buddy.
  • It is such a joy to be home with the kids. We have played board games together, watch movies, did some shopping, and found new parks to play at. We are at four parks already and trying to beat our record of 12 parks from the Summer of 07.
  • Amazing thing is that cooking is not all that bad-when you have the time. Even have done a little baking- amazing. I especially enjoy making Bourbon Street Chicken. Nummy!
  • New decent clothespins can make me smile.

1 comment:

Sara Mae said...

Love all your tid-bits. Grace is a girly girl! Andrew such a good imagination. Glad to hear you are getting at some of your projects too - I know I feel better and more relaxed once life is a little more organized.