Saturday, April 14, 2007

First and Second Tooth!!


Grace got her first tooth on March 27th. Now she has her second tooth just poking one little edge through. She has had some miserable moments teething, but eventually they will all come in. Andrew was 11 months when he go his first tooth so Grace beat him there.
She is also enjoying her sippy cup. We tried one with handles, and she did alright with it, but then it was fun to tip it up. I tried this simple cup then, and she does much better.
She can sit herself up really well now too. She will scoot around-army crawling still and then just sit up and act all proud of herself. She is trying really hard to stand up using something but gets to her knees and then plops down. She almost biffed her chin on the coffee table. If she would have I think the neighbors would have heard all about it.
We would like some advise from some other moms. She is so constipated. We have done lots and lots of prunes. We even took away the iron fortified cereal which worked for a while but now she is miserable again. We did tried pure maple syrup in her water too but....... Suggestions!! As of today 4-20 all systems go. I took her to the doctor on Tues. She suggested Mineral Oil then Senna (fruit extract) then Milk of Magneisia. Well the Senna did the trick.

1 comment:

Garden Girl said...

I've heard that pear juice is the way to go. Not the easiest to find but I saw it at our SuperTarget here (we have a full grocery store in ours). As well as good ole prunes - Stage 1 jars should help. Try to stay away from bananas too - they tend to stop things up.